The new year marks new beginnings and fresh starts. Give your home the sparkle it once had and do a general, deep cleaning to your kitchen. We’ve got a quick way to bring the life back into your stained and tarnished kitchen staples. Best of all, you’ll be using things you already have at home. Read our home renovation tips.
Stainless Steel Appliances and Fixtures – Vinegar and Oil
If you have stainless steel appliances at home, such as your toaster or dishwasher, you’ll notice that they’re prone to water stains and fingerprints. These can make your appliances look older than they actually are. A spritz of vinegar will make them look brand new again!
- Before you begin, take not of which direction the grain goes. They could either run vertically or horizontally.
- Take some vinegar and put it in a spray bottle and spray your appliances with it.
- Using a paper towel or very soft cloth, wipe the vinegar away along the grain. Go in the direction of the grain so you don’t create any nicks or scratches on the surface.
- Using a very soft or microfibre towel, take some oil (mineral oil is best but any oil, such as olive oil, will do just fine) and begin polishing your appliance or fixture. Once again, go in the direction of the grain.Tip: you only need a very small amount of oil to do this. Using more than you actually need will make the surfaces sticky. Begin with a few drops and just add more as needed.
Wooden Cabinets – Baking Soda and Oil
Stains and spots can often be found on laminate cabinets. To get rid of them, all you need is oil and some baking soda.
- Mix 1 part oil with 2 parts baking soda.
- Using either your hands or a soft cloth/sponge, work the mixture into the grains in your cabinets.
- Use a toothbrush to get into all the nooks and crannies.
Granite Countertops – Dishwashing Liquid and Isopropyl Alcohol
Countertops are subject to all sorts of use and abuse, so it’s good to clean and sanitise them often.
- Mix dishwashing liquid with some warm water.
- Using a sponge, wipe down the counter using the soapy water.
- Dry off with a microfibre towel to avoid streaks.
- To disinfect, mix water and alcohol in equal parts. Spray countertop completely with the solution and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Wipe down with microfibre towel.
Begin the year with kitchen renovations that’s sparkling clean and give yourself a fresh new start!
Got some heavy-duty renovation that needs to be done? Contact Badel. Our professional team can assist you with creating a fresh start in your home!