Have a read of our Frequently Asked Questions below. Hopefully this will answer any concerns that you may have. For further information, please feel free to contact us directly via our Contact Us page.
- What areas of Sydney do you service
- We service from Sydney metropolitan to Blue Mountains
- Is there is design or quote fee
- No all our quotes and consultations are free of charge
- Do you do additional work apart from kitchen renovations
- Yes we do, do all types of renovations such as
- Bathrooms renovations from design to completion
- Custom joinery, wardrobes, study and office fit outs
- We can assist you and manage for you other trades that we regular use such as plumber, electrician and tilers
- When the renovation in the house is allocated to you, such as kitchen, bathroom, tiling, plumber and other tradesman. Will you manage all the project or I deal with each one of them myself?
- Depends on your requirement often dealing with lots of tradesman can cause you huge problems and job takes too long to complete and lots of stress.
- We at Badel kitchens and bathrooms can take care of all the stress for, and let you sit back and watch all stress free.
- The entire project from start to complete will be coordinated by one team member of Badel kitchens and bathrooms, he or she will manage the entire project for you.
- How much will my kitchen cost?
- This depends of your requirements, often price of kitchen various from items included
- Purchasing appliances
- Cabinet configurations-drawers and cabinets
- The finish selection- doors materials &profile ( difference between polyurethane and laminate), benchtop surfaces (difference between laminate and Caesar stone), internal hardware, splashback material( difference between glass or tiles splashback)
- Types of accessories- handles or finger pull, lighting, taps, sinks, pull out system and lazy Susan
- Any additional work carried out in the kitchen such as painting and tiling
- Smaller kitchens cost much less than larger kitchens and many home and apartment owners choose to keep their existing appliances. This alone can save thousands of dollars. The trick to getting quotes is in choosing materials and other inclusions that can give you a luxurious kitchen look for a budget kitchen price.
- How much will my bathroom cost?
- The size of your bathroom is going to be a factor in the cost of your renovation, but since so much of a bathroom is tiled, tiling costs will also be a significant cost. Tiles and tiling are both priced by the square metre. Tiles vary in price from around $45 per square metre to $150m2 for high quality ceramic or porcelain tiles. The tiler’s rate will vary, too, from under $100m2 for a simple job to $150m2 or more for a more detailed tiling job.
- Other major cost are, shower fitting and a shower enclosure, toilet, lighting, vanity and shaving cabinet
- I have a fixed budget, can you work to the budget?
- Yes we can. We provide advice on ways to work within your budget and are able offer saving ideas. There are often multiple ways to achieve a particular look providing alternative option for projects
- What cost are included in my quote
- That all depends on what you require- we are flexible and can provide full service or only parts of a project. As an example we can either just supply the joinery on a project or we can provide removal or of existing cabinetry, all trades required including electrical, plumbing, plastering, tiling, builder as well as the install of the joinery and related products.
- In preparing the quote we will outline all the details of the work to be carried out written in the quote and we will ask you what components you would like us to include and these are documented in the quote.
- How long would will the entire process take?
- This depends all on the size of the project. Typical once the quote and 3D design is signed off, from this point onwards pending on the size of the job a typical kitchen would take around 3-4 weeks to complete, this course depends on the material selected, ( glass splashback takes the longest to complete 10 working days from the day measured to installed). Other custom joinery such as vanities and laundries and entertainment units and study areas may take 2-3 weeks again pending on the size of the project.
- When preparing the installation project manager will take you through the estimated time frame based on your specific job
- When working through proposal the project manager should be able to give you basic idea of turnaround times based on the size and scope of your project
New building tend to move much faster as most have n trade works involved and ready to install.
- What warranty do you provide
- We provide a full warranty on our projects including 15 years warranty on workmanship and appropriate warranties on materials as designed by the manufacturers.
- Can I live in my home during the renovation?
- Yes you can although if you renovating bathroom either you have only one or both bathrooms are under renovations, in order to overcome this issue we can hire you a portable ensuite- subject to cost and suitable area on the site. Or we can always work as quickly as possible ensure the most urgent areas to be installed such as toilet and sink.
What certifications, licenses and qualifications do you hold?
- Badel kitchen Pty Ltd is a licenced company (License Number: #258123C). We are also members of master builders and HIA. We hold appropriate insurances and our factory team are all qualified tradesman or apprentices
What happens when we decide to ahead with the project?
Once you have decided on all your colour and accessories options you will sign both a contract and sign off on the plans and colour selection for your project, Badel Kitchens and Bathrooms will come back to your project and do a detailed check measure and confirm all appliances being used and see if any further changes need to be made. We will then give you a detailed project schedule outlining who what when will be doing work on your project. Once the work starts you will have constant contact with the project manager advising you of progress and what will be happening next.
- How are the payments structures once we sign contracts
The payment schedule is set out in contract and includes payment methods accepted payment are
5% deposit is required once the contract is signed
30% deposit is required prior to ordering materials.
55% progress payment is required upon the delivery of kitchen cabinets
10% required upon the completion of the kitchen
we only work on a fixed contract unless the client decide to add additional work on the project