Project: Frost Bite frozen yogurt shop
Location: Dee Why
Badel Kitchens and Joinery was contacted to fit out a new retail shop on Sydney’s beautiful Northern Beaches with a bright and retro looking fitout to match the surrounding beaches and shops. The client was looking to achieve this specific funky style while staying within a strict budget and time frame.
- Start from scratch given only vague plans and ideas,
- Bring together a variety of materials and finishes to create a cohesive look,
- Translate the architect’s drawings into a detailed joinery product using a variety of materials that comply with health regulations,
- Work within a strict time frames,
- Work out of hours but still meet the given deadline,
- Install a cushioned banquet seating and self-serve toppings’ counter with 4 diﬀerent types of laminates.
Upon completion of this project, Frost Bite has become a landmark store of style within the local shopping area. Both the builder and the owner have expressed satisfaction on the amount of detailed joinery and the minimal time frame that the job was completed in.
The products used to create the shop include timber polished veneer, a variety of brightly coloured laminates, concealed dispensers built into wall frames, and a laminated MR particle board.