Project: University of NSW Food court.
Badel Kitchens and Joinery was tasked to fit out an existing area that was to be turned into a food court for the students and staﬀ of the University of NSW. We were engaged by the builder to supply and fit a variety of material such as lighting boxes, counters, counter tops, seating and timber tales including planter boxes.
- Work from detailed drawings and converting them into an installed product,
- Bring together a variety of materials and finishes to create a look,
- Install detailed joinery work in a variety of materials that comply with health regulations,
- Install cushioned banquet seating,
- Make large timber tables from raw materials,
- Install planter boxes that double as round seating table,
- Work only out of hours to complete a very detailed project despite the the strict time frame given.
After many hours of planning and work, Badel Kitchens and Joinery was able to create an area for students and staﬀ to dine and enjoy their lunch break. We were able to finish the project on time and within budget without sacrificing any of the detailed work required on their custom joinery.
The University of NSW food court was made using solid recycled timber, 25 mm lamiwood timber grain, painted timber cladding, and plywood bench tops.