Project: Sydney domestic Terminal
Location: Oxford clothing shop
Badel Kitchens and Joinery was contacted by the builder to do a complete fit out of a clothing store at the Sydney Domestic Airport. In order to complete this project, we had to take the architect’s drawings and turn them into a retail shop worthy of being in the Sydney Domestic Airport.
- Work with airport management,
- Work to begin only after shop closing hours,
- Bring together a variety of materials and finishes to create dynamic new franchise business,
- Install detailed joinery works for tie, belt and scarf wall as per architect’s specification,
- Create a powered coated custom made hanging rails for display,
- Work within a strict time frames and restricted working hours
- Work with parking a distance away,
- Transport materials to site through very strict security scanning.
The project resulted in an eye‐catching shop which has gained the approval of the esteemed architect in charge of the Sydney Domestic Airport.
The finished shop was created using a variety of finishes to make it stand out in the busy retail arcade. To complete the shop, we used natural Veneered, finished clear Bouchon-urban finished surface to create a tiled finished look wall for company logo, bench tops stone cladding for the counter front and tops, Caeserstone Shitake 200mm, timber veneer in the display bays using Evan Metro, and Duropal Dark Oak 7 Sandy grey finish for the shelves in display areas. We also had to toughen glass in the display counter and use Tasmanian oak architraves for the display bays.